Angus T. Jones has received criticism for his recent negative remarks against Two and a Half Men, the show he has starred on for 10 seasons, but fellow Christian actor Stephen Baldwin is defending him.
Jones made headlines last week after appearing in a video where he was seen talking with his pastor, and described the show as “filth.”
Baldwin, 46, said he understood what the 19-year-old actor was going through when making the remarks about his own series.
“It just sounds like Angus is having an authentic experience with the gospel of Jesus Christ. It's a serious thing,” Baldwin said in a recent interview with Good Morning America. “A real, true walk of Christianity is very difficult, quite radical. It seems to me he was a young man when he started and now he's kind of come into his own and he's connected with his pastor.”
Later last week Jones apologized for “showing indifference to and disrespect” to his colleagues and “a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity” he has been blessed with. However, Baldwin thinks Jones was genuine about his initial remarks concerning the sitcom Two and a Half Men.
“I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Again, he meant to probably have it come out differently,” Baldwin explained. “He didn't want to offend [show creator] Chuck Lorre or any of the people from the show or be disrespectful, but I think he authentically means what he says where he finds now if you hold up the content of his show to the Bible, what he's saying is, 'Now there's a conflict for me.'”
In the video, Jones discussed a “spiritual awakening” he said he had after attending a Seventh-day Adventist church, and he pleaded with fans to stop watching the popular show
“Please stop watching Two and a Half Men,” Jones said in the video posted by the Forerunner Chronicles last week. “I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth.”
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.