The teen actor in the CBS comedy Two and Half Men is now apologizing for calling the show "filth" and telling people not to watch.
The sitcom is known for its raunchy humor and sexually explicit dialog. Nineteen-year-old Angus T. Jones has played the character "Jake" since he was 10 years old.
In a video testimony with a Seventh-day Adventist radio broadcast, Jones said he had a spiritual awakening and that he no longer wanted to be on the show.
"Please stop watching Two and a Half Men. I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it," he says in the video. "Please stop filling your head with filth.
"You cannot be a true, God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't," he says. "I'm not okay with what I'm learning, what the Bible says and being on that television show."
But in a statement Tuesday, Jones said, "I apologize if my remarks reflect me showing indifference to and disrespect of my colleagues and a lack of appreciation of the extraordinary opportunity of which I have been blessed. I never intended that."
Jones attends a Seventh-Day Adventist church in the San Fernando Valley, Calif.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.