Steve Hill has been flaming the fires of revival for more than three decades—and battling melanoma for about a third of that time.
Best known for the Brownsville Revival in Pensacola—a move of God that drew more than 4 million people from around the world and saw hundreds of thousands of people saved—in his mission’s work, Hill has witnessed churches grow from 200 to 20,000 in just a few years, the demon-possessed delivered, and the healing power of God manifest.
Now, Hill is walking in a miracle all his own. He’s not yet cancer free, but he’s no longer standing at death’s door, either.
“Two years ago I was given up for dead. If it wasn’t for my wife and several other faithful believers, I wouldn’t be alive talking to you,” Hill says. “After several years of chemo treatments I was given several days to live. My funeral was planned and my burial plot was purchased. I can’t believe I am alive.”
For over a year, Hill says he could not remember his wife’s name. But Jeri was faithful to stay by his side. By May 2011, Hill was suffering multiple side effects from the chemotherapy treatments he’d undergone during the previous years. While on his deathbed, Hill told Jeri to take him off all the meds. Jeri was advised against it, but she listened to the voice of her husband and the Lord.
Hill says he’ll never forget a pivotal prayer to Jesus during what looked like his last days on earth. It went something like this:
"Jesus, you have a choice. We're best friends, Lord, and I trust you. You can either take my life and let me die, which the Bible says is gain, or you could let me live and I will win another million souls to you."
That was 18 months ago.
Although Hill is still undergoing medical and holistic therapy, he’s going hard after his mission to win another million souls for Jesus as he fights the good fight of faith for complete healing.
Hill says one of the Scriptures that ministered to him early in the melanoma battle was a prayer of David: “Show me, O Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life” (Psalm 39:4). Hill realized that only God knows our days and that his life was in His hands. He counts each day as a gift from the Lord and thanks Him for extending his life.
“I’m here winning souls,” Hill says. “I’m an evangelist and pastor. I have never seen days like today. Without a doubt we are experiencing the perilous times that the apostle Paul warned Timothy about in 2 Timothy 3:1. I’m not here to make friends. I’m here to preach the gospel.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details