Apparently, there's a contest among gay-marriage activists to see who can steal the most "Reject R-74" signs.
A gay-marriage supporter, whose Facebook page identifies her as living in University Place, bragged on that social media site that she and an accomplice stole two dozen "Reject R-74" signs the night of Oct. 25 or 26. She brazenly displayed a photo of the stolen lawn signs, with a caption reading:
"Beat that Steph!!! 24 Baby!!!! What do we win aagain[sic] ???"
Many of her friends congratulated her and cheered her on.
The definition of marriage in Washington is under attack because of the legislature and Gov. Gregoire's support for SB 6239, a bill that redefines marriage by allowing same-sex marriage. Since nearly 250,000 Washingtonians signed a petition, the issue will be brought to a vote on Election Day. Voters must mark "reject" on Referendum 74 to preserve marriage as the union between one man and one woman in Washington State.
With one week remaining before Election Day, the "Approve R-74" campaign is getting desperate as they see their lead slip in the polls.
As if attacking a grandmother who was volunteering for Preserve Marriage Washington wasn't bad enough, gay-marriage activists have been intimidating other supporters of traditional marriage and stealing hundreds of their yard signs. (For the Q13 Fox TV story on the man who tore a "Reject R-74" sign off the grandmother's car, screamed at her and shoved a pregnant woman who came to her rescue, click here.)
According to Preserve Marriage Washington, these are not isolated incidents.
Not only have hundreds of "Reject R-74" yard signs been stolen, but dozens of signs have been cut, spray-painted, and even burned around the state, including Burien, Camas, Federal Way, Issaquah, Lakewood, Redmond, Seattle, Tri-Cities, University Place, Bremerton, Vancouver, and West Tacoma. In another act of violence, eggs were thrown at a group of teenagers who were sign waving in Federal Way.
"The gay-marriage campaign says they are about tolerance, fairness and kindness. But there is nothing tolerant, fair or kind about stealing, vandalism and harassment," says Chip White, communications director for Preserve Marriage Washington. "The gay-marriage forces have called this a cynical political tactic. Being attacked, harassed, and intimidated isn't a tactic by our side, but it does show that supporters of gay marriage don't really mean it when they talk about the importance of tolerance."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details