The Chick-fil-A flap hasn’t died down yet, but the record-breaking sales on Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day may be an anomaly and the face of kid's meals at the restaurant may forever change in the wake of the drama.
That’s because although most voters view the chicken chain favorably, most don’t plan to change their eating habits because of the controversy over Chick-fil-A president and Chief Operating Officer Dan Cathy’s support of traditional marriage.
So says a Rasmussen survey.
Only 13 percent of probable U.S. voters are likely to boycott Chick-fil-A, according to the survey. Overall, 61 percent view the chicken chain favorably.
Meanwhile, the Chick-fil-A battle continues on an unlikely front: children's toys.
Liberals are petitioning the Berenstain Bears publisher to cut ties with Chick-fil-A. According to the Associated Press, three organizations said they delivered petitions with 80,000 signatures to HarperCollins demanding the move. The AP report notes the opposition's stance: the “beloved bears teach the importance of standing against bigotry.”
Jim Henson Co. already pulled Muppet toys from Chick-fil-A kid's meals. The Muppets makers said, “The Jim Henson Company has celebrated and embraced diversity and inclusiveness for over 50 years and we have notified Chick-Fil-A that we do not wish to partner with them on any future endeavors. Lisa Henson, our CEO, is personally a strong supporter of gay marriage and has directed us to donate the payment we received from Chick-Fil-A to GLAAD.”
But Chick-fil-A still has its supporters from the Bible-believing camp. More than 60 of the nation’s most influential pro-family, pro-liberty organizations signed a joint letter of support addressed to Cathy.
The letter states, in part: “We, the undersigned, extend our united support for you and your biblical position on natural marriage and the family … As you are likely aware, biblical values and companies that support them are under attack. It is incredibly important for successful men like you, representing a national brand, to unapologetically stand for God’s truth as revealed in the Scriptures. The example of Chick-fil-A and your leadership has encouraged many.”
“It is very important to support the right of Chick-fil-A’s president to express the biblical truth of natural marriage,” says Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel. “It is disturbing to see some elected officials demonize Chick-fil-A and threaten to prevent the restaurant chain from doing business because they disagree with the views of its president. It is frankly un-American.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details