The scale on which the public has embraced the Christian book Crazy Love has surprised even its author. The book, which has been on The New York Times best-sellers list for an incredible 83 weeks, has topped the 2.2 million mark in sales.
Francis Chan, with his fresh and honest teaching style of the Scriptures, has ignited a hunger to “love your neighbor as yourself” in a day and age of “Ne, myself and I” Christianity. The book was published by David C. Cook.
“I am amazed by the book’s popularity,” Chan said. “But, if it doesn’t lead to concrete action in the readers’ lives, then it was just another book. I pray that it has caused us to truly fall more in love with the One who deserves our best.”
Chan not only talks about “crazy love;” he lives it. Chan and his family left the growing church he founded, Cornerstone Community Church, in order to serve in the low-income Tenderloin district of San Francisco. His goal is to show the love of Jesus to this neighborhood and meet real needs with the hope to plant a church in every apartment building in the district. The ministry offers meals, clothes, school supplies, and anything else that might be needed.
“I believe He wants us to love others so much that we go to extremes to help them,” Chan said.
An internationally sought-after speaker, Chan is traveling the world in 2012, continuing to encourage everyone to which he speaks to read, know and live the Bible. Earlier this year, Chan spoke to more than 44,000 university students from around the United States and more than 30 other countries at the Passion 2012 Conference in Atlanta.
“I am blown away at the impact that this book has had reaching so many people,” said Don Pape, vice president of David C. Cook’s trade publishing division. “Crazy Love embodies David C. Cook’s mission to make and teach disciples who obediently transform today's generation. We hope it continues to reach new readers in the coming years changing lives forever.”
Crazy Love, Forgotten God and Erasing Hell are all international best-sellers that have appeared on The New York Times best-seller list. Crazy Love was named Family Christian Store's Book of the Year in 2011.
Chan’s teachings are featured in the BASIC film series along with writing the children’s books Halfway Herbert, The Big Red Tractor, The Little Village and Ronnie Wilson’s Gift. Chan's latest release, Multiply, will be available in stores Nov. 1.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details