The United States Supreme Court voted to uphold the individual insurance requirement of President Obama's Affordable Care Act.
Marjorie Dannenfelser, president of the Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List), maintains that Obamacare is fundamentally flawed legislation because it makes American taxpayers complicit in the deaths of countless unborn children.
As she sees it, Thursday’s decision to uphold the individual mandate to force individuals to purchase health care plans that offend their conscience is incredibly disappointing.
“Over the last four years, President Obama has revealed his loyalty to the abortion industry. At no time was this clearer than during the health care reform debate, when he fought tenaciously for the largest expansion of taxpayer funding of abortion on demand since Roe v. Wade,” Dannenfelser says.
“As the presidential race heats up, the Susan B. Anthony List will continue to remind American voters where the President’s allegiance truly lies. We will not stop fighting until every U.S. taxpayer is freed from under-writing the abortion business.”
Melinda Delahoyde, president of Care Net, agrees that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act fails to protect the most vulnerable patients in America: our unborn children.
Instead, she says, it sets up a legislative framework for regulations which force employers to fund life-ending pharmaceuticals and establish a funding source for abortions in subsidized insurance plans.
"I am deeply disappointed that the Supreme Court has left intact a law imposing coercive mandates on employers and individuals, specifically where those mandates directly conflict with their consciences and Constitutional right to religious liberty,” Delahoyde says.
"Congress must act now and in any future health care legislation, to protect the conscience rights of all medical professionals and faith-based employers. Future health care legislation must also uphold the long-standing Hyde amendment prohibition on using taxpayer monies to fund or subsidize abortion. We also call on the administration to recognize the religious liberties of employers, and reverse the mandate requiring them to pay for abortifacients and procedures they consider unethical."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer