Benny Hinn and his ex-wife, Suzanne, have set the date for their remarriage, which will take place this fall at the church where they were first joined 33 years ago.
The wedding is scheduled for Friday evening, Oct. 26, in the sanctuary at Calvary Assembly in Winter Park, Fla.
Approximately 600 people attended a public meeting held at Calvary Monday night in which the Hinns made their official announcement.
Jack Hayford, whom Hinn said has “been overseeing the restoration” of the couple’s marriage, will perform the ceremony.
The Hinns were married in 1979 in what is now Calvary’s Family Life Center. Suzanne is the daughter of Roy Harthern, who served as the lead pastor at Calvary Assembly from 1970 to 1981.
With Suzanne by his side, Hinn told Pat Robertson this week on The 700 Club that the couple is “more in love now than ever.” The Hinns were divorced in 2010 after 30 years of marriage.
“You wake up to the fact that you need your wife, and she wakes up to the fact that she needs her husband,” Benny Hinn said. “My fault and my mistake is that I became so involved with the ministry that I was not really paying attention to Suzanne and the struggles she was going through emotionally.
“I have always loved this girl and she has always loved me. We never broke the covenant. Our marriage has been restored. We just want to make sure that we don’t repeat the same mistakes.”
Hinn’s ministry takes him around the world for crusades. Suzanne confirmed to Robertson that she would be traveling with her husband from now on.
Suzanne said she believes Hinn is a changed man.
“I like the Benny that I am seeing now,” she told Robertson. “A lot of times, the husband who is a pastor is protecting the congregation but not praying for his wife or his family. It opens the wife up for attacks. It’s actually easier for the Lord to be your husband. He has been mine for 2 1/2 years.”
During their married years, Hinn told Robertson that he frequently conveyed to his wife and four children that the pecking order in their household was “God, ministry and then family.” That dynamic has been changed.
“I was wrong in teaching my family that,” he said. “I am now teaching God, family and then ministry.”
While Hinn said he would continue to minister to and bring healing to the sick, he will stress a new facet of ministry in his crusades.
“We believe that God will use us to bring healing to families that are needing wholeness and healing,” he said. “Pray for us that the Lord will use us better than ever.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details