Thousands of Christians gathered in Fredericksburg, Va., this weekend as part of the ongoing prayer rallies known as "TheCall."
The sounds of worship filled the Fredericksburg Expo Center, as the mostly young crowd cried out for God's love and mercy to fall on America and turn this nation back to Himself.
"In this hour, that is our only hope, is for us to come together, stop business as usual and just start crying out for the mercy of God," Joy Marcum of Joplin, Mo., told CBN News.
CBN founder Pat Robertson reminded the crowd of Virginia's great spiritual heritage, which began when the first settlers landed at Cape Henry and dedicated this land to Jesus Christ.
"We claim by the spiritual authority we will not give it to Satan," Robertson declared. "We will not give it to evil. This country belongs to Jesus Christ. It's His. We're His people, and we're here to pray and claim what God has promised!"
TheCall's president, Lou Engle, says Virginia has always played a key role in God's plan for America.
"There's something about Virginia—that it has a grace to take a stand in the ideological battles and spiritual battles of this nation," he said. "So when it comes to the issue of abortion, we feel Virginia is going to hold the line from that which is coming out of Washington, D.C."
Back to Life movement founder Laura Allred agreed, saying God—not Washington—is the answer.
"Many Americans are looking for a man, whether it be Obama or Romney; we need to look to Jesus Christ to bless America," she said.
President Obama's recent endorsement of gay marriage was on the minds of many who gathered to pray.
"The church better wake up or it's going to find itself doing things it doesn't want to do," Rep. Bob Marshall, R-Va., warned.
Another highlight of TheCall was a visit from world renowned evangelist Reinhardt Bonnke, who believes America's best days are still ahead.
"America is still a beacon of light," Bonnke said. "And I believe God will bless this great nation, and a conference like this is part of God's plan to do just that."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details