Zachery Tims’ children are holding a memorial gathering for their late father on his birthday, Wednesday night. Tims, who co-founded New Destiny Christian Center in Apopka, Fla. with his then-wife Riva, would have been 43.
Riva, who recently recounted some of her life with the charismatic preacher in the new book When It All Falls Apart: Find healing, joy and victory through the pain, announced the memorial on her Facebook page.
“We will be remembering Dr. Zachery Tims Jr. on his birthday with a special memorial gathering on Wednesday, April 18th 2012,” Riva wrote. “It will be a very brief program (30 minutes) led by the Tims' Children.”
The service is being held at Woodlawn Memorial Park in Orlando, Fla., at 6:30 p.m.
Riva and their four children were on vacation with Tims in Puerto Rico the week prior to his death.
Tims died in a New York City hotel room last August at age 42. News reports indicate he had a plastic bag filled with white powder in his pocket, leading many to believe his death was associated with a drug overdose. By Tims’ own testimony, he was instantly delivered from drug addiction when he was saved as a teenager. However, the cause of death has not been publicly revealed.
Oral arguments are scheduled for Sept. 4 in Tims’ mother Madeline’s move to keep her son’s death cause private. A ruling may not come down from the bench until early 2013, according to attorney Ricardo E. Oquendo, who is representing Madeline in the suit.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details