The year 2011 saw plenty of anti-Christian rhetoric in the media—and plenty of anti-Christian acts against every day Joes and Janes standing up for what they believe.
DefendChristians.Org, a ministry of the Christian Anti-Defamation Commission, asked its members to vote on the top 10 anti-Christian acts of 2011 in the U.S.
"I am always surprised at the results of our poll and this year is no exception," says Dr. Gary Cass of DefendChristians.Org. "The fact the No. 1 and No. 2 issues are public policy and political in nature shows Christians are very concerned about the political direction of the country. I wouldn't be surprised if this translates into a strong political response in 2012."
Here are the results of the voting:
10. NBC television network twice took the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance in its lead up to the U.S. Open at Congressional Country Club.
9. In Franklin, Mass., a pro-life man was beaten by the police for peacefully handing out pro-life materials. The police accused him of conspiring to plant bombs.
8. A Christian man in Minnesota was fired from his job because one of his female co-workers attended a Bible study that his wife led.
7. A Christian Florida teacher was suspended after school administrators discovered his support of traditional marriage posted on the Internet.
6. In Kalispell, Mon., pro-lifers were attacked by a firebomb during a prayer vigil in front of an abortion clinic. No one was hurt, but a police officer remarked pro-lifers should expect this sort of reaction to their activities.
5. Because of a complaint filed by the ACLU, the liberal 9th Circuit Court ruled that the Mt. Soledad War Memorial in San Diego was unconstitutional.
4. A homosexual activist effort caused investigations by the online money transfer company, PayPal, against pro-family Christian organizations.
3. A Bible study was shut down by San Juan Capistrano, Calif., officials who claimed the group needed a permit because it posed a risk to public safety and health.
2. President Obama declared June "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month" and hosted a White House celebration by homosexuals.
1. California Gov. Jerry Brown signs a bill forcing public school curriculum and textbooks to "celebrate" homosexuals, transgenders and bisexuals.
What’s your take on the top anti-Christian acts of 2011?
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details