James Dobson has been released from a Colorado hospital where he was recovering from a horseback-riding incident.
The influential Christian psychologist sustained serious back injuries last month while riding in a competition in Montana, suffering from fractures to his clavicle and scapula.
A press release from Family Talk, the radio show Dobson founded in 2010, says he is well enough to go home, but will need an additional four to six weeks of recovery.
“The caring messages you've sent to my dad have been appreciated more than words can express,” wrote Dobson's daughter, Danae Dobson. “He's been reading them and has been touched by your love and concern. He asked me to thank you for praying for him.”
According to the same release, “It won't be long before [Dobson] will resume his duties at Family Talk and be back on the air with his radio show.”
The accident occurred while Dobson was vacationing with his wife, Shirley, their son, Ryan, and some friends. Though the family was initially told he may have broken some ribs, Danae Dobson reported they were in good shape.
“We have seen God's hand in so many details and we know it's the result of your intercessory prayers,” she said. “On behalf of my family, thank you so much!”
The popular author and radio broadcaster founded Focus on the Family, a well-known nonprofit organization dedicated to helping families thrive, in 1977.
Dobson resigned from the ministry in 2010 and handed it over to Jim Daly. He then started Family Talk that same year with a $1 million grant from Focus on the Family.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details