Despite protestors who traveled across Texas to picket what they viewed as a hate-based event—and despite the Unitarian church offering its alternative to the controversial event less than four miles away—more than 30,000 saints gathered in Houston’s Reliant Stadium on Saturday for The Response: a call to prayer for a nation in crisis prayer.
And with no distance in the spirit, many more viewed the service streaming live and prayed along with Texas Governor Rick Perry, IHOP’s Luis and Jill Cataldo, Somebody Cares America’s Doug Stringer, Skyline Weslyan Church Senior Pastor Jim Garlow and other charismatic leaders.
Now, this body of believers is waiting on God’s response to the repentance, weeping, mourning, worshipping and fervent prayer.
“Still in awe of our Lord and overwhelmed by His mercies and grace today at The Response. Humbled to have been able to be a part,” Stringer posted to his Facebook friends.
At the event Perry, whom many expect to throw his hat into the 2012 presidential candidate ring, prayed: "Lord, You are the source of every good thing, You are our only hope. And we stand before You today in awe of your power, and in gratitude for Your blessings; in humility for our sins.
“Father, our heart breaks for America. We see discord at home. We see fear in the marketplace. We see anger in the halls of government. And as a nation we have forgotten Who made us, Who protects us, Who blesses us, and for that we cry out for Your forgiveness.
“We pray for our nation’s leaders, Lord—for parents, for pastors, for the generals, for governors—that You would inspire them in these difficult times. Father, we pray for our president, that You would impart Your wisdom upon him, that You would guard his family. We pray for our military and the families who love them. Father, especially for those special operators who lost their life yesterday in defending our freedoms.
"You call us to repent, Lord, and this day is our response. We give it all to You. For Thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen and amen."
Florida Gov. Rick Scott sent a videotaped message, but Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback was the only other governor in attendance. “Loving God, forgive us our many sins: for being judgmental, unloving, focused on ourselves, lacking in mercy, hypocritical,” he prayed. “We are sinful and flawed; use us anyway, by and for your glory and purposes that we may all live quiet and peaceful lives. We need you. America needs you. I pray this in your name.”
What's your take on The Response? Will God hear the cries and heal the land of the repentant saints?
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details