Christians United for Israel attracted 5,000 people to its Sixth Annual Washington, D.C., summit, making the three-day event the group's largest-ever.
The Summit included a series of educational sessions, speeches from prominent pro-Israel national and international figures, and a live satellite address from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
The Summit’s Night to Honor Israel featured remarks from Israeli Ambassador Michael Oren, CUFI Founder and Chairman pastor John Hagee and a keynote address from national radio and television personality Glenn Beck.
Beck gave an impassioned and stirring speech expressing steadfast support for Israel. “Each of us will be judged as a people and a nation by how we treat Israel,” he said.
And to the world’s anti-Semites, Beck’s message was unequivocal. “If a despised regime has the right to kill Jews and frighten those who stand with them, I declare, count me a Jew and come for me first! When we all stand together, when we all raise our hands, we change the world. They cannot kill all of us. Let us declare: 'I am a Jew.'”
Following two days of pro-Israel education and advocacy-training, CUFI delegates went to Capitol Hill and held hundreds of meetings with their elected representatives in Washington, including with the Congressional leadership offices on both sides of the aisle in both houses. The CUFI delegates asked their elected officials to oppose the unilateral declaration of a Palestinian state at the United Nations, and to support security aid to Israel and tougher sanctions against Iran.
“It is imperative that the Christian community let their representatives in Washington know that our support for Israel is unwavering. Both Democrats and Republicans must be aware that we are absolutely committed to keeping the U.S.-Israel relationship strong, and ensuring that Israel has the resources, diplomatic support and borders necessary for its defense,” Hagee said.
During the conference the group also announced that it now has more than 725,000 members. In his remarks, Beck announced that he too would be joining the Christian Zionist group.
“Our growth has been exceptional and it continues unabated,” said David Brog, CUFI’s executive director. “The halls of the Congressional office buildings were crowded with CUFI activists waiting to meet with their elected leaders. I am extremely pleased both with the reception we received and the impact we are clearly having on the U.S.-Israel relationship.”
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details