On the eve of Tuesday's crucial Indiana Primary, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) released two new television ads, and another round of Christian, pro-family endorsements, in one final salvo as he works to win over the remaining undecided voters.
In the first ad, a 30-second spot titled "Pence for Cruz," Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's endorsement of the Texas senator is played, along with clips of the senator on the campaign trail. It showcases Gov. Pence's respect for Cruz's commitment to fighting for the Reagan agenda, for opposing Washington's out of control spending, and for calling for and leading on repealing Obamacare.
"This is a time for choosing. All of America is looking to Indiana to make a choice," Pence says in the ad. "I'm a Reagan conservative. I see Ted Cruz as a principled conservative who's dedicated his career to advocating the Reagan agenda. I really admire the way Ted Cruz has been willing to stand up for taxpayers in opposing runaway spending, deficits and debt and calling for and leading on repealing Obamacare. I will be voting for Ted Cruz."
In the second ad, another 30-second spot titled, "Lying," the Cruz campaign attempts to set the record straight about the senator's vote against Trade Promotion Authority—also known as "fast track" and "Obamatrade"—as well as his efforts to stop the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a trade deal many say will be a job-killer in the U.S.
The ad also shows how Cruz "led the fight to stop the Gang of Eight amnesty bill." It also contrasts the senator's record with that of Republican front-runner Donald Trump's record, which includes "a substantial judgment against him for hiring illegal aliens" while still bringing in hundreds of foreign workers to replace Americans.
The Cruz camp also released a new round of endorsements, revealing the Indiana leadership team for Pro-Lifers for Cruz. They are:
- Rep. Wes Culver
- Monica Boyer, President of Indiana Liberty Coalition
- Dr. Christina Francis, OB/GYN Physician and Public Speaker for Life Training Institute
- Cathie Humbarger, Executive Director of Allen County Right to Life and Indiana Right to Life
- Vice President of Policy Enforcement
- Greg Jones, Student Pastor at Southland Community Church
- Crystal LaMotte, Prolife Lobbyist for Indiana Family Institute
- Sue Lile, Indiana Right to Life Board Member and Lobbyist
- Cindy Noe, Former Indiana State Representative
- Curt Smith, President of Indiana Family Institute
- Jodi Smith, Volunteer for Indiana Right to Life
"I am heartened by these pro-life leaders from Indiana who are coalescing behind our campaign. These are leaders on the front lines in the fight to protect the sanctity of life, and they have my greatest admiration for their grit and determination," Cruz said. "Life is a gift from God. It is our most basic right. Without life, there is no liberty. I am proud to have defended life for my entire career. If I am elected president, I will continue this fight from the White House and defend the dignity of life at every opportunity. I feel energized by the large number of people who have joined us here in Indiana and across the country in this coalition and look forward to working with them to protect and defend the sanctity of life."
Polls close at 6 p.m. local time in Indiana. The state saddles both the Eastern and Central time zones.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details