Wednesday marked the one-year anniversary of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) launching his presidential bid.
To commemorate the day, the Texas senator released a statement in which he spoke in hopeful terms about what America would look like after President Obama is out office. The full statement reads:
"One year ago today, we launched our presidential campaign. We did so because we still believe in the promise of America—and we believe it is far from extinguished. Heidi and I want our daughters, and your sons and daughters, to have the same opportunities that our parents and grandparents had; for anyone to be able to pursue their aspirations and achieve the unimaginable.
"A year after our announcement, this much is certain: In 302 days, President Obama will depart the White House. On that day, we will have a new president of the United States, and if Republicans, conservatives and Americans who care about the future of our country unite, it will be the beginning of a new era of freedom, prosperity and security.
"We will no longer have to imagine rising wages and students coming out of school with three, four or five job offers; we will adopt a simple flat tax, abolish the IRS, repeal Obamacare and unleash unprecedented opportunity.
"Nor will we be left to imagine a president who protects all our constitutional rights—I will champion every right, starting with the right to life.
"And when it comes to national security, a strong America won't be a distant hope; it will be made real through rebuilding our military strength and leading with moral clarity. We will not bow down to political correctness; we will call radical Islamic terrorism by its name and we will defeat ISIS.
"That is the promise we are one year closer to setting in motion.
"It's been an unforgettable year, but not because of any single candidate. But because of the millions of Americans who have risen up to take this country back, and I want to thank you for standing courageously for morning in America.
"If we continue to unite, this time next year a conservative revolution will be underway. No longer will taxpayers be beholden to Congress' plush deals for special interests; instead Washington will work for you. And the only place where we'll shrink the cash flow is inside the beltway so that small businesses, families and communities from coast to coast can once again flourish."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details