North Carolina State Sen. Phil Berger (R-Rockingham), the first Republican to hold the post of Senate Majority Leader in the Tar Heel State in more than a century, gave U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz a big boost in his state's presidential primary Tuesday with the following statement.
"Like many North Carolinians, I believe the Obama presidency has weakened our nation abroad, divided us here at home and fueled unprecedented dysfunction in Washington. It has forced on the American people nearly a decade of misguided progressive policy and a blind obedience to foolish political correctness.
"We've felt it in North Carolina: Obamacare's crushing burden on businesses and working families, activist courts denying the will of our voters, and national headwinds stymying even greater economic recovery. Since 2011, our work in the legislature has provided a model for conservative, state-level reform in the face of Washington's failures. We've put our state on a better, brighter trajectory. But only with a new president, and a new culture in our nation's capital, will the rest of the country experience the comeback we've worked so hard to secure in North Carolina.
"Fellow Republicans: We have to choose a nominee with the convictions to undo mistakes of the past eight years, and one who can keep Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders from repeating them. The self-avowed socialist or the untrustworthy Obama lieutenant—both promise to cement the change the president has forced on America. We must nominate a conservative who can win in November.
"Throughout this tumultuous campaign, Donald Trump has shone a national spotlight on issues worthy of more discussion and debate. He's stood up to the liberal media and he's challenged the political correctness that is tearing apart the cultural fabric that has made America great. But while Senator Cruz is leading Hillary Clinton in a general election matchup—an election Republicans must win to maintain a conservative majority on the Supreme Court—polling shows Mr. Trump losing by large margins.
"For these reasons I'm endorsing Ted Cruz for president.
"Of the two candidates with a realistic chance to win the Republican nomination for president, only Ted Cruz can defeat Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in the general election this November. Ted Cruz is a principled outsider with a proven track record on fiscal and social issues that conservatives can count on. I hope you'll consider joining me in supporting and voting for Ted Cruz tomorrow."
North Carolina's 72 national delegates are allocated proportionally based on the popular vote of Tuesday's primary. Cruz is currently polling at about 29 percent, according to Real Clear Politics, which would give him nearly 21 delegates.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details