Sometimes, the presidential stump can get a bit ugly. Mike Huckabee got a dose of that last week and handled it like a pro.
In what appears to have been a staged attack on the former Arkansas Gov. and 2008 Iowa Republican Caucus winner during a campaign stop in Clinton, Iowa, a woman who said she was the victim of sexual assault attacked Huckabee for his relationship with the Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar family. In her attack, she suggested Huckabee has covered for the family in the wake of the revelation the Duggars' son Josh sexually abused his sisters.
"Why on earth would you say I support child abuse?" he asked. And when she continued to insinuate he supported child abuse, he stopped her, saying, "I'm going to take you on that, because that hurts my feelings, and it's absolutely wrong."
The exchange, which lasted about five minutes, was recorded by an activist for American Bridge PAC, a group that purports to "holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions and helping you ascertain when Republican candidates are pretending to be something they're not." The video was later picked up by the Conservative Outfitters blog, which was in turn picked up by The Drudge Report with the headline: "Mike Huckabee Goes Nuts When Questioned About Duggar Child Abuse."
As of this writing, YouTube has recorded more than 112,000 views for the video.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details