On the eve of Thursday's Republican presidential debates on FOX Business Network, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) got more good news.
His campaign announced Wednesday evening it had secured two more endorsements from major evangelical leaders. The first was from Paul Blair, President of Reclaiming America for Christ and the pastor of Fairview Baptist Church in Oklahoma City, and the other was from Dr. Gary Frazier, Executive Vice President of United in Purpose, and President of Discovery Missions International.
"I like Senator Ted Cruz's grit," said Dr. Frazier. "He has been at the forefront of standing up for Christians both domestically and abroad and he's not afraid to fight for what is right. Whether seeking to stop radical Islamic terrorists from persecuting Christians, or leading the fight for the sanctity of life and religious liberty, Ted Cruz understands the cultural battle that we as Americans are faced with. More importantly, Ted knows what it will take for us to win that battle. I firmly believe that Ted is the candidate best suited for the job on day one."
"I have been a voter for 34 years. There are several very committed followers of Jesus Christ in this race, some of whom I have supported in the past. However, I am endorsing Ted Cruz for the office of President of these United States. Senator Ted Cruz has the knowledge and the character to rip the Washington cartel out by the roots, restore limited Constitutional government, and re-align the proper balance of power between Washington, D.C., and the sovereign states.
Ted is a born again, Bible-believing Christian and family man. He has a proven record—a history of fighting for liberty, first as Solicitor General for Texas and now as U.S. Senator. And while the 'conservative' candidate often doesn't have the organization or the money to win, Ted Cruz has both. Washington has illegally acquired too much power. With a bankrupt Social Security system, $19 trillion of federal debt, and the Middle East on fire, we cannot afford to elect another president who will abuse the Constitution."
In response to the endorsements, Cruz said:
"Of all the candidates, we have the largest coalition of faith leaders, and this speaks to our campaign's credibility in the Christian community. [Frazier] is a committed Christian leader and spokesman as well as a strong addition to the faith and religious liberty team. I am pleased to have his support.
"Pastor Blair has been a leader for life and marriage in Oklahoma and beyond. I am honored to have the support of Pastor Blair, who has been a friend of natural marriage and an advocate for unborn life. He set out to walk in the footsteps of the colonial pastors who fought for 'liberty from tyranny,' and he has done so. I'm grateful for Pastor Blair's willingness to be a 'watchman on the wall.'"
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details