Monday, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz' presidential campaign released its latest ad in Iowa.
The 30-second spot, titled "First Principles," features the candidate speaking to the camera, promising to "stand up and fight for conservative principles." He notes that President Obama stands up for his principles, and Republicans need to stand up for theirs.
"As president, I won't compromise the values that make us who we are," he says in the ad. "The Constitution wasn't a first draft. Our border isn't a revolving door. And the rule of law wasn't meant to be broken. America is off track. But our founding principles will get us back."
The ad began running statewide in Iowa on Tuesday. Meanwhile, a second ad was released by the campaign that morning that will run statewide in New Hampshire.
The 60-second spot, titled "Invasion," highlights the impact of illegal immigration on American jobs. The ad makes the point by showing men and women dressed in business clothes running across the border.
"I understand that when the mainstream media covers immigration, it doesn't often see it as an economic issue. But I can tell you, it is a very personal economic issue," he says in the ad. "And I will say, the politics of it would be very, very different if a bunch of lawyers or bankers were coming across the Rio Grande ... or if a bunch of people with journalism degrees were coming over and driving down the wages in the press. Then we would see stories about the economic calamity that is befalling our nation."
Cruz closes out that ad with a pledge to improve border security. He said he would triple the Border Patrol, "build a wall that works," and secure the border.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details