Will it be a case of too little too late, or one of peaking at just the right time? One Republican presidential candidate, who announced he was ramping up his Iowa operation just six weeks before the first-in-the-nation caucus, will soon find out.
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who in recent weeks has gained the support of his long-time friend, Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad and simultaneously seen his polling numbers in New Hampshire soar, made the announcement he was building up his Hawkeye State operation Monday. He released a list of 73 additional grass-roots endorsements as well.
"We will be supporting Governor Christie at the February caucus because we believe he is the best candidate to protect America and provide the leadership we so desperately need," former Clarke County GOP Chair and Branstad-Reynolds Inaugural Committee member Mary Ellen Kimball and her husband Dr. Jim Kimball said in a statement released by Christie's campaign.
"Governor Christie's unique background as both a governor of a large state and former federal prosecutor has prepared him well to deal with the critical threats our nation faces today," added Mr. Wheeler. "The governor is mature, tested and ready to deal with the biggest problems on day one in the Oval Office, and I'm proud to be supporting him for president of the United States."
Former Poweshiek County GOP Chair Rick Jacoby, in endorsing Christie, said the "serious times" the U.S. faces require a president who has been challenged and has succeeded. He also believes the nation's next commander in chief must take meaningful action to protect the country's national security.
"Governor Chris Christie has done all that and more, and he is the leader our nation needs right now," he said. "He is not afraid to stand and fight for our conservative principles, and that is why I will be caucusing for Chris Christie."
Christie's Iowa leadership team now comprises nearly 120 grass-roots conservatives from across Iowa's 99 counties. Grass-roots leaders are essential in driving up support ahead of and turnout on the night of the Iowa Republican Caucus.
"I'm so incredibly appreciative of the support from the leaders all across the state of Iowa," Christie said. "As we continue to build momentum heading into the February caucuses, these individuals will be important voices in their communities sharing our message."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details