"I've never formally endorsed a candidate in any presidential primary," Christian conservative blogger Matt Barber wrote Sunday morning on his BarbWire.com website. "This time the stakes are too high not to."
He told his readers to "look around" at a world "on fire" while President Obama, Democrats, and the Republicans' "Obama-enabling RINO establishment" play with gasoline. He then wrote he was endorsing U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who he said "best personifies the anti-establishment, principle over perceived pragmatism, survival over political correctness mood of the American electorate."
"I believe, God willing, that Sen. Cruz, a constitutional stalwart and steadfast statesman, is here 'for a time such as this'," Barber wrote. "He alone, in the spirit of Reagan v. Carter, can, in my estimation, mop the floor in the general election with Hillary Clinton (aka, Obama in a pantsuit)."
Barber said the 2016 GOP presidential primary is shaping up to be a three-way race between Ted Cruz, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio. And, while there remains a handful of other honorable, eminently qualified and actually conservative men in the race he would be "honored to support under different circumstances," he thinks their window of opportunity has closed.
"Now is the time for them to bow out and throw their support behind Cruz," he wrote. "Moreover, conservative and Christian leaders around the country, as well as voters of every stripe, should put aside personal friendships and loyalties to other candidates and, likewise, rally behind the Texas senator."
Cruz is the "right man for right now", Barber wrote. And while our ultimate hope can rest in Christ Jesus alone, he added, "He does appoint men and women on earth to act as his hands and feet."
He concluded with these parting thoughts:
"Ted Cruz is immovable, fearless and dogged in his determination to do the right thing. His integrity, character, remarkable communication skills and extraordinary persuasive powers, as evidenced by his five landmark victories before the U.S. Supreme Court as Texas solicitor general, have, among other things, uniquely qualified this fine man to become the leader of the free world.
"Proverbs 4:18 says, 'The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.'
"These are dark times. Ted Cruz is a righteous man. As president, he'll shine bright. He'll light the path. He'll help make America that 'shining city on a hill' once more."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details