Some presidential candidates attempt to "reach out" to non-traditional voters by appearing on late-night television. U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is instead putting his own message out to those audiences without having to set foot on any entertainer's stage.
Saturday, his presidential campaign team released an ad that spoofs Democrats, the Obama Administration, and other Beltway conservative whipping posts, like the IRS targeting scandal. Titled "Cruz Christmas Classics," the 90-second spot aired during that evening's broadcast of Saturday Night Live on NBC affiliates in Iowa.
The ad shows Cruz sitting on a sofa, reading an assortment of fictional "Christmas stories" to his daughters. These "Christmas Classics" include:
• A Wonderful Life: A Very Merry Economy
• Rudolph the Underemployed Reindeer—"All of the other Reindeer couldn't afford to hire Rudolph."
• How ObamaCare Stole Christmas
• The Grinch Who Lost Her Emails—a dig at Hillary Clinton: "I know just what I'll do", she said with a snicker. "I'll use my own server, and no one will be the wiser!"
• Miracle on K Street
• Frosty the Speaker of the House—a dig at former Speaker of the House John Boehner that depicts a very tanned "Frosty" as a drinker and a smoker—"Look! The Speaker is melting before Congress!"
• Night of the Sugar Plum Cronies
• Auditing St. Nick—a reference to former IRS official Lois Lerner—"I will audit him here or there, I will audit him anywhere!"
• The Senator Who Saved Christmas
"Imagine the greatest Christmas stories ... told by the Senator who once read 'Green Eggs and Ham' from the Senate Floor," the narrator states, later adding. "If you are not completely satisfied with this collection of Cruz Christmas Classics you probably hate Christmas and America."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details