Bloomberg Business asked Donald Trump if he was pro-life and he said "yes." But asked to expound and he said, "It's an issue. I mean it's an issue, and it's a strong issue." Asked if abortion early in the pregnancy was murder to the Don, he replied,"What I am saying is this: With caveats – life of the mother, incest, rape. That's where I stand. So, I'm pro-life, but with the caveats. You have to have it with the caveats." Asked if a pregnancy happens outside those caveats, Trump stated, "It depends why." "I'm, pro-life...very simple pro-life," he said. His not-so-passionate "pro-life" answer seems to be a change from what he wrote in 2000. In his book, The America We Deserve, Trump devoted three sentences to abortion, claiming to be "pro-choice" but against partial birth abortion. In 2011, before a crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Washington, D.C., Trump was asked about his pro-choice position and responded, "Who said I'm pro-choice?" Well, Mr. Trump, in 1999 you told Meet the Press this:
Well, I'm very pro-choice. I hate the concept of abortion. I hate it. I hate everything it stands for. I cringe when I listen to people debate the subject. But, you still, I just believe in choice.
Then in 2011, Trump told Laura Ingram on her radio show, "I'm pro-life." Trump admitted in a 2011 interview on NBC that he thought there was a "right to privacy" in the Constitution. This was the basis for the Roe v. Wade court case that led to legalized abortion on demand, which apparently Donald did not know because he asked Savannah Guthrie:
Well, that's a pretty strange way of getting to pro-life. I mean, it's a very unique way of asking about pro-life. What does that have to do with privacy? How are you equating pro-life with privacy?
At that time, Savannah Guthrie reminded him of the Roe v. Wade decision. Trump responded, "Look, I'm pro-life. I've said it. I'm very strong there. And, I'm strong on pro-life." It is apparent that Trump wanted to be identified as against abortion in some cases. If he is really pro-life though, he will not approve of the slaughter of children for the crimes of their fathers. I guess, we will have to see what...evolves next. This article is reprinted from Carole Novielli's blog, Saynsumthn, with permission.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details