Big Abortion knows how to rake in the money. It also knows how to play the victim.
This week, it did both and secured a major victory against David Daleiden, founder of the Center for Medical Progress, who produced the undercover videos that exposed how abortionists have been profiting from the trafficking of body parts and tissue taken from aborted babies. The pro-life activist and two of his criminal defense attorneys have been found in contempt of court after more CMP video was released earlier this year.
The Life Legal Defense Foundation, which has been providing legal aid to Daleiden and his "co-conspirator," Susan Merritt, issued the following statement regarding the California court decision:
Yesterday Judge William Orrick held David Daleiden, the Center for Medical Progress and two of David's criminal defense attorneys in civil contempt for violating a court order prohibiting the release of video footage related to NAF conferences and related meetings. The footage was posted to a private website in May.
Daleiden's criminal defense attorneys argued that the videos are essential to providing David with a robust public defense after California Attorney General Xavier Beccera charged Daleiden and Sandra Merritt with 15 felony counts of eavesdropping. The first set of charges were dismissed by San Francisco Superior Court Judge Christopher Hite in the criminal case for lack of specificity. Beccera recently amended and refiled the charges, this time including the file names of certain videos. However, the charges still do not name the individuals involved in the conversations during which Planned Parenthood doctors and other abortionists discuss the sale of fetal body parts for profit.
Judge Orrick's contempt order awards approximately $137,000 to the National Abortion Federation for attorney fees and for alleged staff time to scour the internet looking for links to the Daleiden videos.
On a positive note, Judge Hite was receptive to arguments that the amended charges against Susan Merritt were not properly filed. An update will follow as soon as we know whether these charges will be dismissed.
Life Legal executive director Alexandra Snyder said that ever since the first CMP video was released two years ago, Big Abortion has been "waging a vicious campaign to punish" Daleiden. By demonizing him, she said, they hope to "permanently silence" him.
"As always, the abortion cartel is furious that its trade in baby body parts and its willingness to violate laws that protect pre-born babies from gruesome abortion procedures are being exposed," she added.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details