Following Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch's swearing-in ceremony in the Rose Garden, the White House issued a statement from Vice President Mike Pence.
In the statement, the vice president lauded his friend's joining the high court, and heralded the implications this will have on American self-government. In a nutshell, he said having Gorsuch on the Supreme Court would make the Constitution of the United States stronger, not just now, but for future generations of Americans.
The following is his complete statement:
In the summer of 1787, our Founding Fathers crafted a framework of government that would protect the timeless ideals that bind us together as a people and give us purpose as a nation.
They gave us our Constitution. It was, it is, and I believe it will forever be the greatest charter of liberty our world has ever seen. It has fostered our nation's unparalleled success. And it is, to this day, the greatest bulwark against tyranny in American history. This is the Constitution that President Trump and I have both sworn to uphold.
The American people elected President Trump in significant part because of his vow to do just that—to nominate someone to the Supreme Court who would keep faith with our Constitution and uphold the God-given liberties enshrined there.
On Friday, by the grace of God, I presided in the United States Senate as Neil M. Gorsuch's confirmation was taken to the floor for a vote. Today, he was sworn in to serve as associate justice of the Supreme Court of the United States.
President Trump has kept one of his most significant promises he made to the American people: to put a justice on the Supreme Court who will keep faith with our Constitution and uphold the God-given liberties enshrined there.
In Justice Neil Gorsuch, President Trump chose one of the most mainstream, respected and well-qualified nominees in American history—and our Constitution and the rule of law will be stronger with him on the Supreme Court.
Today is a historic day for our country. We are giving a new voice to the age-old vision of our Founding Fathers and rededicating ourselves and our country to the timeless principles that they proclaimed.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details