The Select Panel on Infant Lives was created last year after the release of undercover videos by the Center for Medical Progress, which revealed Planned Parenthood's obvious participation in the illegal sale of aborted baby body parts for profit.
But if it's going to complete its task, it will need to be renewed. That's a decision that lies solely in the hands of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wis.). To remind the speaker of the importance of the panel's work, Operation Rescue President Troy Newman sent a letter to Ryan, urging him to extend it into the next Congress.
"Because of the stonewalling and lack of cooperation with the Select Panel by abortionists and others, the Select Panel has not been able to fully complete their investigation," he wrote. "We urge House Speaker Paul Ryan to commit now to extending the Select Panel on Infant Lives into the next Congressional Session, so they have the time they need to finish their work."
The Select Panel, led by Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), has spent months investigating this practice and has so far discovered patient privacy violations, illegal compensation for aborted baby remains, and the misuse of aborted baby tissue in so-called research. It has referred the University of New Mexico and Southwestern Women's Options of Albuquerque, New Mexico, to the state attorney general for further criminal investigation and prosecution.
However, other abortion providers and middle-man organ procurement companies have stonewalled the Select Panel or have refused to cooperate with the investigation. One organ procurement company that contracted with Planned Parenthood abortion facilities to harvest aborted baby organs and tissue for resale, StemExpress, and its CEO Cate Dyer have been referred for contempt charges for their defiance of Congressional subpoenas that requested financial records.
Subpoenas were also issued by the Select Panel to a Maryland late-term abortion business, Germantown Reproductive Health Services, and to its abortionist LeRoy Carhart, where abortions are done throughout all nine months of pregnancy. The subpoenas were related to possible trafficking in aborted baby parts and viable babies that may have been born alive during abortions done by Carhart. Those entities have yet to fully comply with the subpoenas.
"It would be wrong to end the Select Panel before it has a chance to fully investigate these very serious allegations," Newman wrote. "This would allow abortionists that already think they are above the law to get away with possible crimes as a reward for their lack of cooperation. That would be a miscarriage of justice."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer