On Wednesday, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump affirmed to Susan Michael, U.S. Director of International Christian Embassy Jerusalem (ICEJ), his support for five principles guiding a strong US-Israel relationship.
This came in response to a request made to Mr. Trump and Secretary Clinton to agree to the principles presented by the ICEJ and its network, American Christian Leaders for Israel (ACLI), which represents 60 million evangelicals.
A petition addressed to the candidates signed by some 40,000 grass-roots Americans, and the ACLI letter signed by 650 Christian leaders across America, emphasized locating the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem, supporting security aid to Israel, monitoring and acting on Iran's terrorism and violations of the JCPOA Iran nuclear agreement, rejecting third-party solutions to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict forced on Israel, and opposing Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions efforts levied at Israel.
The ACLI letter was signed by evangelical leaders representing diverse groups and denominations including Hispanic and African-American Christians; among them Dr. Jerry Johnson, CEO of National Religious Broadcasters; Roberta Combs, President-Christian Coalition; Rev. Dr. Sam Rodriguez, President of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference; Penny Nance, CEO of the Concerned Women for America; Rev. Harry Jackson, Presiding Bishop of the International Communion of Evangelical Churches; Jane Hansen Hoyt, President of AGLOW International; Dr. James Dobson, President of Family Talk Radio; Janet Parshall, nationally syndicated talk show host; and Jim Showers, Executive Director of The Friends of Israel.
In a meeting on Sept. 25 with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Trump Tower, the Republican presidential candidate already declared, "If I'm president, I'll recognize Jerusalem as Israel's undivided capital." Then on Oct. 26, in a video at a Republican event in Jerusalem, Trump commented, "My administration will stand side-by-side with the Jewish people and Israel's leaders to continue strengthening the bridges that connect, not only Jewish Americans and Israelis, but also all Americans and Israelis. Together, we will stand up to enemies, like Iran, bent on destroying Israel and her people, together we will make America and Israel safe again."
Michael responded to Trump's comments saying, "The policies Mr. Trump has agreed to will enhance Israel's standing in the world and directly benefit the United States in security, innovation, technology and intelligence."
Secretary Clinton is yet to respond to the ICEJ's request to agree to the five key principles guiding a strong U.S.-Israel relationship.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details