In the past few days, there have been a number of high-profile slights of Israel that Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump doesn't want anyone to think escaped his notice.
Last week, after his eulogy at the funeral of former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres—considered by many to be a "founding father" of the Jewish state—a reference to Jerusalem being part of Israel was stricken from the transcript of President Obama's speech. Then, on Thursday, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization determined the Temple Mount and Western Wall are "exclusively Muslim" holy sites.
Following the latest slap in the face for Israel, Trump said he had to respond. He issued an official statement Friday morning, denouncing both actions.
"I have said on numerous occasions that in a Trump administration, the United States will recognize Jerusalem as the one true capital of Israel," he said. "The United Nations' attempt to disconnect the State of Israel from Jerusalem is a one-sided attempt to ignore Israel's 3,000-year bond to its capital city, and is further evidence of the enormous anti-Israel bias of the UN.
Trump went on to call Jerusalem the "enduring capital of the Jewish people," noting that "an overwhelming majority of Congress" has already voted to recognize just that.
"Further, the decision by the Obama administration to strike the word 'Israel' after the word 'Jerusalem' in the President's prepared text was a capitulation to Israel's enemies, and a posthumous embarrassment to Shimon Peres, whose memory the president was attempting to honor," he added. "In a Trump administration, Israel will have a true, loyal and lasting friend in the United States of America."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer