A group of nearly 90 Catholic and evangelical faith leaders issued a letter condemning the comments made by current Hillary Clinton staffers in a 2011 email released by WikiLeaks this week.
The statement reads:
As Christian leaders, Catholic and evangelical, we collectively express our outrage at the demeaning and troubling rhetoric used by those within Secretary Clinton's campaign—and those associated with the campaign—to describe our communities.
Recently released emails clearly ridicule, demean and smear Roman Catholics and evangelicals. It is especially alarming that the Chairman of the Clinton Campaign, John Podesta, was copied on these emails between Jennifer Palmieri, now director of communications for the Clinton campaign, and a fellow at Podesta's Center for American Progress. Podesta's refusal to raise any objection makes him equally party to this bigotry. It is inexcusable. It is shameful. It is un-American.
Historically, evangelicals and Catholics have had significant theological differences, dating back to the Protestant Reformation. In spite of those differences, there has been a mutual respect for one another and an ability to work together on important issues of mutual concern.
The WikiLeaks emails reveal a contempt for all traditional Christians, and we are—Catholic and evangelical—united in our outrage and united in our call for Mrs. Clinton to immediately apologize for the Christophobic behavior of her associates.
Among those who signed the letter were Richard Land, James Dobson, Ralph Reed, Jentezen Franklin, Jim Garlow, Robert Jeffress and Paula White. Although the statement was released by the Donald Trump presidential campaign, it does not include any reference to the Republican presidential nominee.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details