The U.S. Supreme Court began a new term Monday, but new facts have been brought to light that suggest the high court "got one wrong" during its last term.
Operation Rescue President Troy Newman said that when the Supreme Court tossed out a key provision of Texas state law in its Whole Woman's Health v. Hellerstedt decision, it did so without all of the relevant facts. The organization issued a statement about the findings of a recent Freedom of Information Act demand relating to the "health and safety" of Texas abortion clinics that is horrifyingly disgusting.
Operation Rescue now has evidence in the form of public documents that proves 16 of 17 Texas abortion facilities miserably failed recent health and safety inspections conducted by the Department of State Health Services between August 2015, and June 2016.
This information shows that Texas abortion facilities continue to pose a significant danger to the lives and health of women.
It is now obvious that regulatory reforms are needed to protect women from the serious health dangers posed by Texas abortion facilities. Abortion facilities should be required not only to submit to inspections, but also pass them before Ambulatory Surgical Facility or Abortion Facility licenses are issued or renewed.
The most recent inspection reports for each Texas abortion facility were obtained from the Texas Department of State Health Services. According to those reports, those facilities were cited for the following violations:
- Failure to ensure staff was trained and competent.
- Failure to report child abuse on a minor patient.
- Failure to observe mandatory waiting periods.
- Failure to ensure a safe and sanitary environment.
- Failure to properly sterilize surgical instruments, many of which were contaminated and in use on patients.
- Cracked and/or contaminated vaginal ultrasound probes were found in two facilities.
- Cross-contamination of instruments/supplies with aborted baby remains.
"As far as I know, these inspection deficiency reports were never submitted to the Supreme Court's consideration," Newman said. "The reports show us that more oversight is needed for abortion facilities, not less.
"We expect conditions at Texas abortion facilities will continue to deteriorate in the wake of the Supreme Court's errant ruling that protects abortion businesses and their sloppy, corner-cutting practices above the health and welfare of women and their babies."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer