Troy Newman, president of Operation Rescue, announced Tuesday he was endorsing Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
"After examining Trump's position on life issues and his assurances that he will appoint conservative, pro-life justices to the U.S. Supreme Court, I am convinced that Trump offers our best hope of pushing back the culture of death in America," the leading pro-life activist, speaker and author said. "We know all too well what we will get with Hillary Clinton, and that is more abortion, more tax funding of abortion and favors for her campaign contributors at Planned Parenthood. A Clinton presidency will result in more dead babies, and this we cannot allow."
Generally, an Operation Rescue endorsement of the Republican presidential candidate would seem to be a given. But Newman strongly supported U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) in the GOP primary race.
After Cruz suspended his campaign, however, he took an honest look at Trump. That included a trip to New York City to participate in the gathering of evangelical faith leaders in July.
Newman came away from that meeting highly impressed with the Republican nominee. And he said he has a message for other Christians who may be considering not voting, or voting for a third-party candidate who has no chance to win the presidency: give Trump a chance.
"America stands at a crossroads," he said. "A Clinton presidency will fundamentally change our nation to the point that is will be unrecognizable to those of us who grew up in the '50s and '60s.
"Her rabid support for abortion without restriction will create a climate that will make it nearly impossible for us to end the shedding of innocent blood through abortion once and for all.
"On the other hand, Trump has promised to stand strongly for life and appoint pro-life justices to the Supreme Court. His vice-presidential running mate, Gov. Mike Pence, is a pro-life warrior who has promised to work toward ending abortion. No other GOP ticket in history has made such commitments to the pro-life movement.
"While no political candidate is a perfect person, we must engage the political system as it stands today for the sake of protecting innocent life. We cannot leave the results of this critical election for others to decide. Please join me in casting a vote this November for the pro-life Trump/Pence ticket."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details