Friday morning, the 11th annual Family Research Council Action PAC's Values Voter Summit kicked off at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C.
The headliners were Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and his running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence. Trump was slated to speak Friday afternoon, while Pence will speak Saturday.
"As the 2016 presidential election approaches, there is a growing realization among voters that the future of our freedoms and even our identity as Americans hangs in the balance," Family Research Council President Tony Perkins said. "I am certain that Donald Trump and Mike Pence will underscore not only the importance of this election, but the important role conservative Christian voters have in influencing the outcome of the November election.
"The fact that this is the first GOP presidential ticket to attend since the Summit's inception in 2006, demonstrates an understanding of the importance of values voters in the general election and a desire to work with them in addressing the critical issues facing our nation."
Other confirmed speakers include Sens. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) and James Lankford (R-Okla.), Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, U.S. Reps. John Fleming (R-La.), Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), and Louie Gohmert (R-Texas). Additionally, participants will hear from North Carolina Lt. Gov. Dan Forest, Dr. James Dobson, actors Jon Voight and Kirk Cameron, Lt. Col. Oliver North (ret.), Duck Dynasty's Al Robertson, Lt. Col. Allen West (ret.), former Rep. Michele Bachmann, former Sen. Rick Santorum, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin (ret.), Sebastian Gorka, Philip Haney and Zuhdi Jasser.
Saturday evening, FRC will present the Vision and Leadership Award to Dr. Bill Bennett at the Faith, Family and Freedom Gala dinner. Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, Sen. Tom Cotton, and FOX News Channel's Kimberly Guilfoyle will be speaking in honor of Dr. Bennett at the gala dinner.
The Values Voter Summit is co-sponsored by American Family Association Action, American Values, First Liberty Institute, The D. James Kennedy Center for Christian Statesmanship, United in Purpose, 2nd Vote, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, and Family Research Council. An exhibit hall, book signings, radio row, media row and much more will be packed into this three-day conference.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer