At several points during her sworn testimony before Congress, statements made by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were "incompatible with evidence collected" during the FBI investigation into her use of a private email server.
Monday afternoon, House of Representatives Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) and Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) sent a letter to U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia Channing Phillips. The letter contained an official referral for Phillips' office to investigate Clinton on potential charges of perjury.
"The evidence collected by the Federal Bureau of Investigation during its investigation of Secretary Clinton's use of a personal email system during her time as Secretary of State appears to directly contradict several aspects of her sworn testimony, which are described in greater detail below," the letter states. "During a House Select Committee on Benghazi hearing on Oct. 22, 2015, Secretary Clinton testified with respect to (1) whether she sent or received emails that were marked classified at the time; (2) whether her attorneys reviewed each of the emails on her personal email system; (3) whether there was one, or more servers that stored work-related emails during her time as Secretary of State; and (4) whether she provided all her work-related emails to the Department of State.
"Although there may be other aspects of Secretary Clinton's sworn testimony that are at odds with the FBI's findings, her testimony in those four areas bears specific scrutiny in light of the facts and evidence FBI Director James Comey described in his public statement on July 5, 2016, and in testimony before the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on July 7, 2016."
Goodlatte and Chaffetz wrote the letter as a follow-up to a letter the chairmen wrote last month, inquiring whether or not there was an investigation pending into Clinton's sworn testimony. The Justice Department sent the congressmen a response to that letter last week, saying the information was being reviewed and that the department will "take appropriate action as necessary."
Click here to read the entire letter sent Monday to Phillips. It lays out the entire case for charges of perjury to be made against Clinton.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer