Detroit—once the jewel of American innovation and industrial might, but now its biggest example of economic collapse—was a conscious decision for both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton to be the site of their economic showdown.
After Trump unveiled his economic plan last week, nationally syndicated radio host and Christian financial expert Dan Celia weighed in on FOX Business Channel's Cavuto: Coast to Coast. Now, the host of American Family Radio's two-hour weekday Financial Issues program has addressed Hillary Clinton's competing plan.
"Hillary Clinton, by all accounts, will keep us on the trajectory of 'prosperity' through tax-and-spend policies," he said. "These policies, of course, are akin to President Barack Obama's strength through weakness. If there's one upside to this, it's that we know where it leads—we've had eight years of it.
"It's quite obvious that Clinton will continue to demonize profits, the wealthy, prosperity and the markets. The only way we could ever have prosperity in the eyes of the progressive left is with bloated governments and more social control.
"Almost everything Hillary Clinton mentioned will have expansion and expense of the government attached to it. She mentioned the unleashing of the private sector, but it was quite obvious that means 'unleashing' the private sector as long as the government is firmly in control and getting far more than its fair share.
"Her plan is nothing more than pandering to her base, as she continued to indicate that there will be more and more opportunity to be dependent upon the nanny state."
Celia also noted that Clinton's speech was missing talk of any new tax codes, numbers or details that would actually be important to those who are investing their money. But, reading between the lines, he added, "it's not hard to figure out" her plan will grow government.
"Her plan is about building a government that we the people will be serving with our taxes," he said. "And today's $19 trillion of debt will seem like a walk in the park compared to what we'll have after four years of a Hillary Clinton presidency.
"No economy that is dependent upon the private sector could possibly survive when those who produce jobs are dis-incentivized, when those who make money are punished by paying more taxes, when those who want to expand are slapped with more regulations.
"Hillary Clinton's plan will keep the left in power for as long as this country exists, and in three years, a majority of the voting bloc will be dependent upon the government for their existence. There will never be another election that will defeat that."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer