Once again, the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees-in-waiting offered stark contrasts in their reactions to world events.
Following the bombings in Istanbul, Turkey, that killed more than 40 and injured nearly 240, Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton offered official statements that were almost diametrically opposed in their focus. Trump focused on the need for better security in the U.S., while Clinton focused on a need to work more closely with international allies to fight ISIS.
The Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attacks at the Istanbul airport.
"Our prayers are with the families of those killed and injured in Istanbul," Trump said. "The whole world is stunned and horrified.
"The terrorist threat has never been greater. Our enemies are brutal and ruthless and will do anything to murder those who do not bend to their will. We must take steps now to protect America from terrorists, and do everything in our power to improve our security to keep America safe."
He preceded those comments with a couple of tweets on Twitter. His initial reaction was:
Yet another terrorist attack, this time in Turkey. Will the world ever realize what is going on? So sad.
He followed it up a couple minutes later with this:
We must do everything possible to keep this horrible terrorism outside the United States.
Clinton, on the other hand, reminded voters that Turkey is a key ally of the United States and a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. She also offered her "thoughts and prayers" for those affected by the attacks.
"Terrorists have struck again in the heart of one of our NATO allies," she said in her official statement. "Today's attack in Istanbul only strengthens our resolve to defeat the forces of terrorism and radical jihadism around the world, and it reminds us that the United States cannot retreat. We must deepen our cooperation with our allies and partners in the Middle East and Europe to take on this threat."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer