Today, followers of Jesus Christ face more opposition to their beliefs than any generation in American history. Stories of religious freedom coming under assault are regularly in the news. Yet even in such a hostile cultural and political environment, it is an exciting time to stand firm in the faith.
In No Fear: Real Stories of a Courageous New Generation Standing for Truth, published by WaterBrook Press, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins combines Biblical instruction with 11 remarkable true stories of young people who have a taken a stand for Biblical truth. "I wrote No Fear to inspire a new generation of followers of Jesus Christ to be bold in living out their Christian faith in the face of intense spiritual, cultural and political opposition," Perkins says.
From the beginning of human history, God has chosen a variety of unlikely heroes who refused to bow down to anyone but the one true God and No Fear introduces a new generation of like-minded heroes, including:
Aaron and Melissa Klein, the Oregon bakers who chose not to create a same-sex wedding cake and were fined $135,000.
Lila Rose, a UCLA student who—despite death threats, lawsuits and efforts to publicly humiliate her—took on the nation's largest abortion provider.
Sixteen-year-old Chad Farnan, who, after growing weary of sitting through the anti-Christian rants of his history teacher, engaged his constitutional rights and filed a lawsuit against his teacher for violating the Establishment Clause by promoting hostility toward Christians in class and advocating irreligion over religion.
Ryan Bomberger, who launched a campaign to decrease abortions in his black community only to find himself being sued by the NAACP.
No Fear will encourage and challenge readers to live out their faith with the same kind of courage as these young heroes and be a shining light in a secularized culture.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details