My purpose in life—my reason for being—is to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ and see His church strengthened and built up in America and around the world. I have no vested interest in any candidate or political party but will vote for the one whose policies are most friendly to the cause of Christ and my own reason for being.
The Democratic Party—the party of my parents and grandparents—has made this an easy choice. To cite just one example; last year, the Democrat National Committee (DNC) unanimously passed a resolution affirming atheism and declaring that neither Christianity nor any religion is necessary for morality or patriotism.
By this act, they rejected God, the Bible and any transcendent guide for truth and morality. They swallowed the lie of the serpent to our first parents that if they would ignore God's command and go their own way, "You will be like God, knowing [determining] good and evil" (Gen. 3:5b).
This move was not only a slap in the face of God, but also a rejection of America's founding generation. To cite just one example: In his first inaugural address, George Washington declared, "The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained (Hyatt, Pilgrims and Patriots, 174).
Donald Trump, despite his tweets and personal flaws, has supported individual and religious liberty. He has acknowledged God and Christ and promoted policies that are friendly to the Christian cause. He has obviously moved in the direction of Christian, conservative values.
But while Trump has been moving toward God, the Democratic Party has been running from Him. This has made Nov. 3 an easy choice for me. If you would like to read more about my thoughts on this election and Donald Trump, check out my 31-page book, 5 Reasons I Changed My Mind About Donald Trump.
Dr. Eddie Hyatt is also the author of 1726: The Year that Defined America, which documents how it was the Great Awakening (1726-70) that gave birth to this nation and unleashed the spiritual and moral forces that ended slavery. His books are available from Amazon and his website ateddiehyatt.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer