Americans across the nation are reflecting on their own freedom and independence this week, and the leader of the Pennsylvania Pastors Network (PPN) is also considering how division across the United States is impacting the country's unity.
"Jesus gave a warning about division in a nation when he said in Matthew 12:25, 'Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand,'" said PPN Executive Director Gary Dull. "Our focus this Independence Day should be uniting an ununited United States. If America does not unite once again, it could bring our premature demise."
Dull and his "Stand in the Gap Today" radio co-hosts, American Pastors Network President Sam Rohrer and North Carolina Pastors Network President Dave Kistler, discuss topics like these frequently on the popular, daily program that airs on 425 stations nationwide.
"We're seeing divisions in the United States between political parties and racial groups; over immigration, terrorism and worldviews; concerning philosophy and religion; within families and communities; between generations; and inside the media, churches and families," Dull said. "Division is rampant over issues such as gun control, international policy and even regarding things that should unite us in America today, like the flag, the national anthem and the Pledge of Allegiance.
"All this is a symptom of a deeper problem," he continued, "and that is that we have removed God from the forefront of our thinking in the American psyche and American culture. God used to be that which unified us. We are, indeed, 'one nation under God.' That is the truth, and it was what united us—but no longer. It goes back to the old saying that 'united we stand, and divided we fall.' We must also recognize that the devil hates to see unity. He will do everything possible to bring division in every entity, in every part of our nation. The devil does not like the principles upon which this nation was established. If he can divide America, then he's had a victory."
PPN is a state chapter of APN, is a group of biblically faithful clergy and church liaisons whose objective is to build a permanent infrastructure of like-minded clergy who affirm the authority of Scripture, take seriously Jesus' command to be the "salt and light" to the culture, encourage informed Christian thinking about contemporary social issues, examine, public policy issues without politicizing their pulpits and engage their congregations in taking part in the political process on a nonpartisan basis.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer