In an age where the mainstream media isn't bashful about attacking believers for their faith in Christ, especially politicians, Sarah Huckabee Sanders makes no apologies.
In the face of a sometimes-hostile press corps, the new White House press secretary says she won't separate her faith from her work—and it's something the press should learn to deal with.
"If you are anybody of authentic faith, then it has to be the primary thing that drives everything you do," Huckabee Sanders recently told CBN's Faith Nation. "Some people say you can separate your faith from your work. I feel very much the opposite. Your faith defines who you are. I'm certainly not going to shy away from it. It's a big part of who I am."
Huckabee Sanders, who took over as White House press secretary for Sean Spicer last month, is the daughter of pastor-turned presidential candidate Mike Huckabee, the former Republican governor of Arkansas. Huckabee Sanders reads from a book of Christian devotionals prior to every White House press briefing.
"[Her faith] is something I'm more than happy to talk about openly," she told Faith Nation. "The only challenge is, sometimes, if it's the right platform, the right environment or the right location.
Like her predecessor, Huckabee Sanders has clashed with White House reporters during her brief stint as press secretary. And like President Trump, she is undaunted in calling out reporters and news coverage she deems biased.
Trump's tendency toward volatility with his words and social media posts presents big challenges for the press secretary.
"I know she's doing everything she can to be straightforward and honest," Mike Huckabee told The New York Times. "I know that she is going to be loyal to a fault. He makes my daughter's job very difficult with some of his tweets."
Some of Trump's comments during his presidential campaign bothered Huckabee Sanders, but she backs the president 100 percent.
"[During the election] we were looking for a commander-in-chief, not a pastor," she told The New York Times. "Oftentimes, people want to make politicians perfect. And that's one of the actual beauties of Christianity—understanding that no one is."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details