A couple of weeks ago, the House of Representatives passed the National Defense Authorization Act for FY 2018 without incorporating a policy that ensures that limited military resources are not be used for sex-reassignment surgery and other gender transition efforts for service members. This week, the House will vote on the Make America Secure Appropriations Act, which will provide a large increase in funding for the Department of Defense.
Taxpayer dollars need to be protected from funding sex-change surgery and hormone therapy efforts intended to change a person's gender, which are non-essential. Estimates for these efforts, including the amount of time lost for the transition process, are about $3.7 billion over the next 10 years. This is an irresponsible use of taxpayer funds.
With the costs estimated for sex-reassignment surgery and hormones, the military could purchase 22 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter Planes, which cost $166.7 million each, or 116 Chinook helicopters, which cost $31.8 million each, or 3,700 Tomahawk missiles, which are $1 million each or a new Destroyer for the Navy, which would be about $3.5 billion. Spending billions of dollars on sex-reassignment surgeries and hormones when the military has other priorities that would actually ensure its effectiveness in war, and America's safety is irresponsible. Active-duty service members, whose gender transition efforts will undermine their deployability and military service, should be prohibited from having taxpayer-funded hormone therapy and sex-reassignment surgery.
Increasing funding for the Department of Defense while taxpayers are on the hook for sex-reassignment surgery and hormone therapy intended to change a person's gender is a distraction from the military's purpose and undermines readiness, recruitment and retention. Tell your representative to vote against funding the Department of Defense so long as the Obama-era military transgender policy is in place by calling your representative at (202) 224-3121, or email your representative.
If the Make America Secure Appropriations Act is rejected the current military funding level would be maintained through a Continuing Resolution.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details