Democrats and their liberal allies in the media seem surprised that James T. Hodgkinson acted upon their calls for "resistance" and "taking it to the streets" by mounting an armed attack on a group of Republican elected officials.
They shouldn't be, because as our friend "Tyler Durden" of Zero Hedge documented back in March, senior Democratic leaders have not been bashful about encouraging the violence:
Former Obama Attorney General Loretta Lynch made an extremely disturbing statement earlier this year. She recorded a video message in which she suggested that in the struggle against Donald Trump, there is going to be blood in the streets, and some people are going to have to die.
"I know that this is a time of great fear and uncertainty for so many people," Lynch says. "I know it's a time of concern for people, who see our rights being assailed, being trampled on and even being rolled back. I know that this is difficult, but I remind you that this has never been easy. We have always had to work to move this country forward to achieve the great ideals of our Founding Fathers."
"It has been people, individuals who have banded together, ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals who have made the difference. They've marched, they've bled and yes, some of them died. This is hard. Every good thing is. We have done this before. We can do this again."
However, it is not politicians who are the most violent and most influential advocates of violence.
It is a very short—and logical—hop from organized leftists rioting and assaulting Donald Trump supporters in Chicago, to a far-left university professor beating Trump supporters with a bike lock at Berkeley, to a far left activist shooting up the Republican congressional baseball practice.
Our friend Nick Short of the Center for Security Policy compiled a short list of some of the more prescient statements from leftist advocates of violent resistance to President Trump and the Republican agenda.
Here are just a few from Nick Short's list:
- Art Institute of Washington professor John Griffin posted to his Facebook a statement that House Republicans "should be lined up and shot" for their passage of an Obamacare-replacement bill.
- "People Have to Die": Anti-Trump Protester Calls For Violence on CNN (VIDEO) #trumpprotest
- Editor's question to CNN: How does "people have to die" equal a "protest?"
- CNN's Fareed Zakaria Hails Trump Assassination Play As 'Masterpiece.' (His Employer Sponsors It)
- "Leftist Fight Club" at Public Fla. University Promotes Violence Against Republican. h/t @JudicialWatch
- Huffpost writer Michelangelo Signorile:
- "Starting today and from here on, no elected official―certainly those in the GOP defending and supporting Trump on a variety of issues, for example―should be able to sit down for a nice, quiet lunch or dinner in a Washington, D.C. eatery or even in their own homes. They should be hounded by protestors everywhere, especially in public―in restaurants, in shopping centers, in their districts and yes, on the public property outside their homes and apartments, in Washington and back in their home states."
- 'Making History' Star Adam Pally Says He Wants To 'Kill Trump'
But a quick Google search will reveal even more calls for civil war and the death of President Trump and his supporters:
- CIVIL WAR: Violent Leftists openly call for death of Trump supporters
- Liberal actress Sarah Silverman calls for military coup against Trump
- Actress Sarah Silverman told her 9.8 million Twitters followers Wednesday evening (Feb. 1, 2017) to "join the resistance," voicing her support for a military overthrow of President Donald Trump.
And this isn't an idea that conservatives and careful observers of the left came up with in hindsight. Back in March, our friends at Zero Hedge posted an article: "Is the Left Trying to Start A Civil War?"
Via Michael Snyder of The End of the American Dream blog:
An army of subversives is attempting to undermine the Trump administration from within the government, and at the same time, a whole host of prominent leftist leaders are fueling the flames of hate against Trump and are promoting riots, civil uprisings and in some cases, even violence. And of course, the mainstream media is a more than willing accomplice, because pretty much everyone that works in the mainstream media absolutely hates Donald Trump. On a fundamental level, the United States is more divided today than it has been in any of our lifetimes, and the radical left is treating the presidency of Donald Trump as if it was the end of the world. We are seeing terms such as "Nazi", "racist" and "dictator" thrown around very casually, but people need to understand that words really matter. When subversives on the left use such inflammatory language, there is a very real danger that they could actually spark a violent insurrection against the United States government.
James T. Hodgkinson wasn't a "nut." He wasn't "deranged." And he wasn't "sick." He was a leftist terrorist, just like Obama's buddy Bill Ayres of the Weather Underground and Puerto Rican terrorist Oscar Lopez-Rivera, who was recently honored by New York Mayor Bill DeBlasio as a hero.
Hodgkinson's attack wasn't mental illness. Read his writings, read the political manifesto in his letters to the editor, and it doesn't require an FBI investigation to recognize that this was the first "lone wolf" attack in the left's long-planned American civil war.
George Rasley is editor of Richard Viguerie's ConservativeHQ.
This article was originally published at ConservativeHQ.com. Used with permission.
Never miss another Spirit-filled news story again. Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Three Summer Deals from Charisma: