Shortly before Donald Trump is sworn in, the mood on the Capitol Mall is excited and expectant.
You can get better reports from live TV, but I want to file my observations here with the 800,000 others who are watching live.
My descriptions are like the blind men describing an elephant. Each described what the elephant felt like, but none had the full picture. So you're getting only what I can see, hear and experience.
Walking through the checkpoint for my standing tickets in the blue section, I saw a few protesters. But there were more police in riot gear keeping them away. Nearby, a hellfire preacher, signs held high warning of false prophets, used a bullhorn to urge sinners to repent.
In this case, some real prophets foretold that a flamboyant businessman known for his polarizing statements would be God's wrecking ball and would be raised up by God as he did Cyrus in Isaiah 45. If you read Charisma, you know we published them before the election.
Everything is well-organized. There are police and National Guard everywhere. I see figures on top of nearby buildings. I assume they are snipers prepared for the unthinkable, and I feel safer knowing they are there. A helicopter circles overhead.
On Election Day, I flew to New York to witness history when Trump made his 3 a.m. acceptance speech after few of the pundits thought he would win. Today, I'm wearing the "Make America Great Again" hat I got that night.
I feel as if I'm living history even though I'm so far away. I'm standing on Pennsylvania Avenue, where I can barely see the podium on which Donald J. Trump will place his hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution.
The huge TV nearby is showing a choir singing religious songs and the Marine band playing patriotic music. If the protesters are out, we're not aware of it.
I'm with my good friend Scott Plakon, a conservative Florida legislator who flew up yesterday, also to witness history.
I feel full of thanksgiving to God for the change in direction I sense is coming as soon as Trump is sworn in. Yesterday, I attended a two-hour prayer meeting with 1200 Christians who bathed today's events and the new administration in prayer. If you missed it, click here.
I'll file more reports later. There is so much happening, and I feel a bit overwhelmed taking it all in. Check out my Facebook page to see the photos I'm posting.
Steve Strang is the founder of Charisma Media and president of Christian Life Missions. He is also the author of the best-seller God and Donald Trump. Follow him on Twitter and Facebook. Click here to subscribe to the Strang Report podcast, and here to sign up for the Strang Report newsletter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details