It's safe to say that none of the Tinsel Town celebs are actually moving to Canada. But they will be going to therapy, a November 16 Hollywood Reporter article clarified. After all, as comedian Sarah Silverman tweeted, "for a lot of people, this is the Great Depression."
According to THR's Lorena O'Neil, "The population of this blue city is suffering from mood indigo and anxiety." One psychologist told O'Neil that he was "swamped with complaints from patients after Trump won." The president-elect's victory, he explained, was "traumatic" for many in the entertainment sphere.
Psychologist Philip Pierce opined that "the level of threat—or perceived threat—has gone up. I think you'll see an increase in panic attacks." Another practitioner revealed that one patient kept "pulling over to the side of the road and bursting into tears."
Considering celebrities' lachrymose election night Twitter posts—replete with mentions of shots, tissues and anxiety meds—this uptick in therapy sessions is no great surprise. In fact, before the victor was announced, some stars were already counseling each other on the four stages of grief.
On Nov. 14, Lena Dunham traveled to breathtaking Sedona, Arizona, to "ask the Canyon for some guidance." Referring to that same canyon, Dunham penned: "She said this week is going to be revolutionary, and so I threw my arms open and said 'bring it.' (Good thing we got the week's first true smile on camera.)"
It takes all kinds.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details