Halloween, which has become a controversial subject between many Christians as to whether or not it should be observed, is now being targeted by some in the politically correct camp.
But the debate isn't centered around whether we should or shouldn't observe the annual Oct. 31 tradition. Instead, it is focused on the types of costumes some vendors are selling to the public.
One in particular that has stirred outrage is Party City's version of a brick wall, which some on social media have apparently connected to President Donald Trump's war on illegal immigration.
The New York Daily News featured a tweet in a story on Oct. 8 that read, "If cultural appropriation on Halloween isn't for you, here's a directly racist costume straight from @PartyCity.
Spirit Halloween has also produced an adult border patrol costumes, which have also drawn the ire of the politically correct and calling for a boycott of the company. One man tweeted about these costumes, "Please don't shop at @SpiritHalloween this year. This border patrol costume is offensive in every way and normalizes racism.
The Washington Times also reported that a mother of a 5-year-old girl became upset about a costume depicting the Scandinavian Queen Elsa from Frozen because of "the power/privilege carried by Whiteness, and about Whiteness and standards of beauty," and the "cultural appropriation" of the Polynesian Disney character Moana.
Some schools, the Washington Times reports, are doing away with their Halloween dress-up days. Boyden Elementary School in Walpole, Massachusetts, canceled its school's annual costume parade because, as Principal Brendan Dearborn explains, "The parade is not inclusive of all the students, and it's our goal to ensure [that] all students' individual differences are respected. Instead, the school will observe a "black and orange" spirit day.
All of this after many cities have expressed their disdain for Columbus Day and the cultural disrespect they believe it embodies. Many cities in America now observe Indigenous People's Day instead.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details