President Donald Trump made history as he headlined the Family Research Council's Value Voters Summit on Friday. He's the first sitting U.S. president to speak at the event.
"America is a nation of believers, and together we are strengthened and sustained by the power of prayer," said President Trump. "We are one nation, we hurt together and we hope together and we heal together."
"And above all else we know this: In America, we don't worship government, we worship God," he said.
The president focused on faith and family talking with conservatives at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington D.C.
"Religious liberty is enshrined with the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights, and we all pledge allegiance to the very beautiful one nation under God," said Trump.
Trump pledged that the nation's religious heritage would be cherished, protected and defended "like you have never seen before."
He referred to his new executive order to stop the federal government from forcing religious groups like Little Sisters of the Poor to provide coverage for abortion-causing drugs to employees.
"We are stopping cold the attacks on Judeo-Christian values," Trump said.
"Values voters are coming to our nation's capital thankful to hear from a president who is fulfilling the promises that he campaigned on," said FRC president Tony Perkins. 'Since the early days of the campaign, President Trump allied himself with values voters, promising to put an end to the eight years of relentless assault on the First Amendment."
Trump received a standing ovation when talking about respecting the flag in the wake of NFL players kneeling during the national anthem in protest to social injustice.
Big-name conservatives, in a steady stream, are also addressing the summit, including House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, Rep. Michele Bachmann, Steve Bannon and pro-life activists David Daleiden and Lila Rose.
According to the Values Voter Summit website, it was created in 2006 to provide a forum to help inform and mobilize citizens across America to preserve the bedrock values of traditional marriage, religious liberty, sanctity of life and limited government that make our nation strong. It has drawn over 3,000-plus attendees from around the nation and foreign countries, garnering national and international media attention.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer