A bill that directs the New Jersey Commissioner of Education to review and modify public school guidelines to accommodate and promote the rights of transgender students, in accordance with current state or federal laws and regulations, has passed the Senate and the Assembly and goes to the governor for consideration. Liberty Counsel sent a letter to Governor Chris Christie encouraging him to veto the bill.
The bill, known as S3067/ A4652, mandates the commissioner to provide school districts with guidance and resources regarding LGBT-related professional development to teachers, administrators and school staff. This "transgender education bill" also requires schools to work only with "the student," and not the parents, relating to gender dysphoria issues and requires school staff and other students to address a transgender student by false gender pronouns. S3067/A4652 bill ignores biological and physical differences between girls and boys and permits gender-confused students to participate in opposite-sex physical education activities and other formerly gender-separate activities and further allows them to room on overnight trips with members of the opposite sex.
"The State of New Jersey has no business invading the privacy and jeopardizing the safety of students by forcing them to use restrooms, showers and hotel rooms for overnight events with someone of the opposite sex," said Mat Staver, founder and chairman of Liberty Counsel. "Nor does the state have the right to force students and school personnel to participate in a delusion by requiring them to pretend that people can change their sex. This policy is harmful to everyone. S3067/A4652 violates the religious, privacy, safety and First Amendment rights of students and staff and oversteps parental authority. It is parents, not school officials, who have the right to guide their children in making informed choices about what is best for them. Parents do not want their daughters changing and sleeping in the presence of biological boys and vice versa. S3067/A4652 is state-sponsored child exploitation, and Liberty Counsel urges Governor Christie to veto this bill," said Staver.
Liberty Counsel is an international nonprofit, litigation, education and policy organization dedicated to advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of life and the family since 1989, by providing pro bono assistance and representation on these and related topics.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details