Jared Kushner, a senior adviser to his father-in-law, President Donald Trump, was grilled Monday morning by senators on the Senate Intelligence Committee over his contacts with Russian officials.
Kushner has become a new target in the Democrats' borderline slanderous attacks on the president and his family as part of the "Russia Narrative." Dr. George O. Wood, the General Superintendent of the General Council of the Assemblies of God in the United States of America, and a number of other evangelical faith leaders have rushed to his defense.
"Several weeks ago, I had the privilege of having dinner with Jared and Ivanka," Wood said. "They are incredibly kind and gracious people. I deplore that politics in this country has descended into blood-sport wherein good people like the Kushners, in order to serve the country they love, must endure unfounded attacks on their character, honesty and trustworthiness."
Others who have come to Kushner's defense include:
- Pastor Paula White: "I've known Jared for many years. He's a man of integrity, character, and a great personal friend. Clearly, this Russian story is nonsense and it must end. Enough is enough."
- Pastor Robert Jeffress: "Jared Kushner is a friend of mine with impeccable character. His testimony today will reveal that his limited contacts with Russian representatives were completely within his role as the liaison between the Trump campaign and foreign governments. We are fortunate that a man as gifted as Jared Kushner is willing to sacrifice so much to serve our country."
- Jerry Falwell Jr.: "I believe the only criminal collusion occurring over the last year has been collusion between the media and government officials who are holdovers from the Obama administration leaking classified and secret information in an attempt to discredit our president. Through their actions, they are aiding and abetting those abroad who wanted to divide our country in 2016. The endless attempts by the media to keep the fake Russia collusion story alive solely to obstruct the president's agenda have destroyed the media's credibility with the people and needs to stop. In Jared Kushner, they've picked the wrong fight. I don't know a more competent person. He is brilliant and is a man of the highest integrity."
- Dr. Jack Graham: "I met Jared Kushner over the 2016 presidential campaign, and I found the president's son-in-law to be a brilliant and quiet-spoken individual who was always interested in what was good for our evangelical community. He was often—and remains—our key liaison between the campaign, and now the White House, and the president. I've never known him not to take seriously any question or issue we've raised with him. I'm proud to know him and thankful for the position he's in."
- Rev. Johnnie Moore: "I don't remember a single incident that any of us have made contact with Jared in more than a year and a half that wasn't returned and returned promptly. He's become a confidante to our community and I would say the key point of contact between the White House and evangelicals. All of us that know him would say that there isn't a person that we know with greater integrity, nor a person who is more kind and more thoughtful. America is better for his being alongside the president of the United States in the White House. Rather than punishing him for that, the country ought to be celebrating him for his service."
- Bishop Harry Jackson: "My heart immediately connected with Jared's over our mutual concern for criminal justice reform. He clearly is a man whose heart for our nation is only matched by his mind. I am honored to know him and—like many Christians in this country—I am heartened to know that day in and day out he is working for the people's interests in the People's House."
- Dr. Ronnie Floyd: "From the beginning of my own interaction with President Trump, there has been one person always there at every meeting, available to answer every question, and immediately following up upon concerns of our community. That person is Jared Kushner. Though I don't know him personally, I think I reflect the sentiment of many evangelicals across the country when I say that we view Jared as a close friend, who is deeply concerned that our issues remain at the forefront, and that the president's promises are fulfilled as it relates to our community. I admire him and appreciate his service to our country."
- Rev. Samuel Rodriguez: "I have found every interaction with Jared Kushner to be exemplary. He is clearly an extraordinary individual, with obvious integrity, and he has been a great gift to the evangelical community. We have always found him to be 'an ever-present help in time of need.' There are few things I'm sure of in the world we are living in today, but one of thing I am sure of is that Jared Kushner is a good man, and I'm honored to know him."
Kushner's testimony was being given behind closed doors because of the classified nature of much of it. However, he did release an unclassified version of his opening remarks prior to going into the hearing. Click here to read his complete remarks.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.