President Donald Trump may have his differences of opinion with French President Emanuel Macron on issues such as "climate change" and immigration, but he made it clear there is little space between them when it comes to defending freedom and liberty throughout the world.
During a press conference with Macron held Thursday at the Élysée Palace, the president made it abundantly clear how much America values its friendship with France.
"When the French people rose up and stormed the Bastille, it changed the course of human history," he said. "Our two nations are forever joined together by the spirit of revolution and the fight for freedom. France is America's first and oldest ally. A lot of people don't know that. Ever since General Lafayette joined the American fight for independence, our fates and fortunes have been tied unequivocally together. It was a long time ago, but we are together, and I think together, perhaps, more so than ever. The relationship is very good."
The president's visit is meant to commemorate the centennial of the United States' entry into World War I. He said he was there to remember the tens of thousands of American soldiers who gave their lives in "the valiant and very difficult struggle" as well as to pay tribute to the heroic deeds of French troops in defense of liberty.
"French and American patriots have fought together, bled together and died together in the fight for our countries and our civilizations," he said. "Today, we face new threats from rogue regimes like North Korea, Iran and Syria, and the governments that finance and support them. We also face grave threats from terrorist organizations that wage war on innocent lives.
"Tomorrow will mark one year since a joyous Bastille Day celebration in Nice turned into a massacre. We all remember that, how horrible that was. We mourn the 86 lives that were stolen, and we pray for their loved ones. We also renew our resolve to stand united against these enemies of humanity and to strip them of their territory, their funding, their networks and ideological support."
Watch the entire press conference in the video clip above.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details