Like most reasonable people, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee rolled his eyes at comedienne Kathy Griffin's abrupt role reversal from bully to victim last week, but unlike most folks, he's pretty sure we haven't seen the last of her.
In fact, he's pretty sure this whole incident was premeditated to put a spark in her otherwise forgettable career. Saturday, he posted the following explanation to his website audience:
I promised myself that I wouldn't mention Kathy Griffin again, since she feeds off of attention like bottom-feeder fish suck up algae. And how could I possibly mock her histrionic press conference in a way that would be worse than its own self-mockery? (The Trump family "bullied" her by getting upset when she posed for a photo holding up a mock, bloody, severed head of the President; people wouldn't be criticizing her if she were a man—wow, she really has learned a lot from Hillary; it's an outrage that she's had to endure nasty internet comments—Hello! You're KATHY GRIFFIN! Mean, nasty personal comments about celebrities are what paid for your mansion in Bel Air.)
Don't believe for a second that this has really harmed her career. A few shows are being canceled now, but this is just political kabuki theater. It took her all of 24 hours to go from contrite apologies to playing the victim, and within a few weeks at most, her hardcore liberal fans who are equally "broken" by Trump Derangement Syndrome will be lining up to buy tickets to show their support for their martyred heroine. The cynical and tasteless stunt will have worked, at least for her. If she really cared about politics and the direction of America, she would have considered that she was handing Republicans a perfect tool on a silver platter to illustrate to voters why today's emotionally unhinged liberals can't be trusted with government power, or even sharp objects. And the GOP is already starting to use that tool.
For those needing a little refresher on the hypocrisy of Griffin's statements:
- Dec. 9, 2016, Vulture Magazine — "Now more than ever we must absolutely go for all the absurdities. For me, that's Trump and all things Trump. It's not about trying to be an equal-opportunity offender anymore because Hillary got such a beatdown. It's his turn. So I'm happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump—and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I'll go direct for Barron. I'm going to get in ahead of the game."
- January 2010 — Kathy Griffin traveled to Wasilla, Alaska, for an episode of her Bravo TV program, My Life on the D List, along with Levi Johnston in an attempt to ridicule former Gov. Sarah Palin and her family. She spent much of the episode mocking the Palin family. It's so vulgar, we can't share it with you.
- June 2010 — During an episode of the future president's reality TV show The Apprentice—the last in which non-celebrities were involved—Griffin was all smiles while hugging him at a charity fundraiser golf tournament put on by one of the show's contestants. Click here to see the photo.
- Oct. 28, 2009 — She sends out a tweet, mocking Palin and her son Trig, who has Down Syndrome, calling the child her "retarded baby."
- 2007 Prime Time Emmy Awards — While accepting the Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program for "My Life on the D List," she gave a blasphemous speech in which she mocked Jesus and said her award was her god now.
- 2005 Emmy Awards — During the Red Carpet coverage for the E! cable network, she made a joke that stated then-11-year-old actress Dakota Fanning had entered rehab for drug addiction. This move got her permanently banned from the network.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details